Tuesday, March 3, 2009

IR is interesting...

So, I was out today, taking some photos in IR (Inferred Photography) and noticed something very odd, and very disturbing, in the sense that I have to reformat my brain into thinking in a totally different way. How is this, you ask?
Today I discovered that the direction you shoot is totally proportional to the quality of your IR photo. That means, if you shoot away from the sun, your photo will be a lot more red, if you shot towards it, you get a redish-blue tint to everything. What appears to be two totally different photos, just by turning around. In SD Photography (Standard Digital) this doesn't happen. Your shadows and contrast change, but the color and contrast, shadows, and even highlights, changing? No.
Anyway, these photos don't demonstrate it, but I think they are pretty.






No comments:

Search My Blog